STEWART-LAKEWOOD CENTER was an expansion of a circa-1952 strip plaza (shown in black). An open-air mall was added in two phases. The first, shown in dark gray, was completed in early 1959. The second addition, indicated in light gray, was completed in 1967. A Woolco discount mart joined the tenant list in 1968. It was the chain's first Atlanta store.
An early 1960s view of the "super-convenient on-the-mall" shopping center, which is decorated for the yuletide season.
Photo from http://harriettgillham.blogspot.com