Philadelphia's Food Fair (not to be confused with another Detroit-based chain) had its beginnings as the Reading Giant Quality Price Cutter store, which opened, in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, in the late 1920s. The Food Fair name appeared in the 1940s. Competing chains were acquired between 1958 and 1963. By the mid-1960s, there were over five hundred stores. Most Food Fair locations had been converted to the Pantry Pride brand by 1970. All were shuttered by 1987.
Graphics from Food Fair Stores
FOOD FAIR JUNIOR-ANCHORED SHOPPING MALLS:
*CHERRY HILL MALL, Camden County, NJ (1961)
*DADELAND CENTER / MALL, Dade County, FL (1962)
*TOPANGA PLAZA, Los Angeles, CA (1964)