An exterior view of the second J.C. Penney to operate in the mall. A smaller store anchored the original LATHAM CORNERS CENTER in 1957. The new location seen here, added to the north end of LATHAM CIRCLE MALL, opened in late 1988.
Photo from www.labelscar.com / "Caldor"
The Caldor discount mart on the south end of the complex closed for good in 1999. The building was eventually bulldozed. A new Lowe's home improvement center was built, which welcomed its first shoppers in early 2004. The store did not have a connection into the adjacent mall, which had been in a downward spiral since the turn of the 20th century.
Photo from https://www.flickr.com / "SnappyJack"