A site plan of the original open-air complex. Promoted as "The South's largest shopping center", it encompassed 525,000 leasable feet. With the opening of the Richards anchor store, at the west end of the mall, the tenant roster grew to forty-nine stores.


163rd STREET CENTER TENANTS 1957:

BURDINE'S (with Hibiscus Tea Room restaurant) / RICHARDS / FOOD FAIR supermarket / F.W. WOOLWORTH 5 & 10 (with luncheonette) / J.C. PENNEY / WALGREEN DRUG (with luncheonette) / Arcade Barber Shop / Arnold's Kiddyland / Bank of Dade County (with drive-thru window) / Abe Barnett Luggage & Jewelry / A.S. Beck Shoes / Blessed Event Maternity Shop / Chandler's Shoes / Chase Federal Savings & Loan Association / Cole's Candy Shop / DeLoy of Hollywood / Dr. Arthur Eichner, Optometrist / Especially for You Gift Shop / Ferris Groves Fruit Shipping / Flair Fashions In Hair / Ben Graber's Dress Shop / Grable's Bakery / Graymor Studios & Photo Center / Harmony Music Shop / The Home Mart / The Hub / Johnson's Travel Agency / Junior Town / M & M Cafeteria / Mangel's Department Store / Merchants Green Trading Stamps Redemption Center / New Fairfield Dress Shop / Niagara Massage Equipment / Parsons Bridal Shop / Patrician Florist / Pestuggia Shoe Repair & Dry Cleaning / Pincus Record Shop / Post's Beauty Shop / Rabin's Delicatessen / Samson's / Sarron / Schiff Shoes / Slack Bar, Incorporated / Stardust Jewelers / Stauffer System Slenderizing Salon / Swim 'n Sport Shop / Termplan Financing / Three Sisters ladies' wear / Walls Beautiful / Woodrow Store for Men / Young Fashions