By 1987, Alexandria's MACARTHUR VILLAGE was celebrating its 30th anniversary. Opening, in November 1957, as the first suburban retail complex in Central Louisiana, it housed stores such as Woolworth's and a Child's supermarket. The strip center was converted into an enclosed mall in 1978 and demalled in the early 2000s. Today's tenants include Kroger and Petco.
Photo from http://stirlingprop.catylist.com (Sterling Properties)  


SOUTHGATE MALL held its grand opening in August 1972...a year before business began at the nearby ALEXANDRIA MALL. SOUTHGATE was originally anchored by Woolco and Montgomery Ward. The complex was reconfigured as an open-air venue in 2002 and renamed ALEXANDRIA POWER CENTER. Current stores include Jo-Ann Fabrics and Harbor Freight & Tools.
Photo from https://www.crexi.com


Getting back to our focus on ALEXANDRIA MALL, we post a snapshot of Dillard's. This store was one of two anchors in the Southeast Wing expansion. It opened, as part of the grand opening of the addition, in August 1986.
Photo from https://www.dillards.com


The Limited was a Southeast Wing tenant for several years. The store was shuttered in January 2017.
Photo from www.ggp.com (General Growth Properties) 


American Eagle Outfitters still operates a store in the connecting corridor between the original (circa-1973) mall and Southeast Wing.
Photo from www.ggp.com (General Growth Properties)