The Farmers Market at HILLSDALE was a multi-faceted food facility. Encompassing 65,000 square feet, it featured twenty-two departments; these selling groceries, produce, meats and gourmet fare.
Photo from http://hillsdale.com


The Farmers Market also featured an extensive selection of prepared foods. Here we see the Whistling Oyster, one of many vendors. After purchasing meals, patrons were seated in a landscaped, indoor-outdoor Dining Patio.
Photo from http://hillsdale.com


The Bay Area-based Emporium chain added an anchor store to the HILLSDALE mall, which was built on a pad adjacent to the Farmers Market. Here we see a circa-1962 advert announcing the "Big E" grand opening.
Ad from The (San Mateo) Times / Scott P. / "BigMallRat"


This image, from the 1960s, shows the Macy's Court at the center of the complex. Apparently, a fairy tale-themed promotion is underway at the shopping center.
Photo from http://hillsdale.com


Proceeding along the Central Mall, we come to a large fountain at the far end of the mall's North Wing. The Farmers Market is straight ahead (across 31st Avenue). The Emporium store is seen on the right.
Photo from http://hillsdale.com


The single-screen Hillsdale Cinema debuted in December 1966. The venue was located on a pad north of the mall proper (and across the South El Camino Real thoroughfare).
Photo from http://hillsdale.com


In this image from the 1970s, we see Hillsdale Boulvard, which cuts through the south end of the mall site. On the left is Sears, which operated in this location between March 1951 and November 1996. House of Fabrics, on the right, has assumed the Mayfair Market space.
Photo from http://hillsdale.com