A circa-1957 site plan of Washington, DC's first shopping mall. Its two primary retail floors are depicted here. The mall proper consisted of sales 3 floors, with a service tunnel accessed from its northwest and southeast ends.
SEVEN CORNERS CENTER TENANTS 1957 (PARTIAL LIST):
WOODWARD & LOTHROP (with The Fort Buffalo Room restaurant) / JULIUS GARFINCKEL & COMPANY / FOOD LANE supermarket (outparcel) / F. W. WOOLWORTH (with luncheonette) / PEOPLES DRUG (with luncheonette) / Bond Clothes / Chandler's Shoes / E.D. Edwards Shoes / Fannie Mae Candies / Fairfax County National Bank (outparcel) / Franklin Simon / Holiday Shoes / Ike's Barber Shop / Joseph R. Harris ladies' wear / L. Frank Company ladies' wear / Russell Stover Candies / Mayer & Company Furniture / Peck & Peck / S & W Cafeteria / Thom McAn Shoes / Western Auto / William Hahn & Company Shoes
In a cut-away view of the split-level complex, we see how its two open-air shopping concourses were configured. The "South Mall" was accessed from the Upper Level (Leesburg Pike) parking lot, with the "North Mall" facing on the Lower Level (Arlington Boulevard) lot.