Three Greater Sacramento shopping malls opened between January and August of 1961. These were SOUTHGATE CENTER, COUNTRY CLUB PLAZA and ARDEN FAIR CENTER. The ARDEN FAIR property was implemented in three phases. The first, a freestanding Sears, was dedicated in 1957. A single-level, open-air mall and Hale's anchor store were completed 4 years later. The final phase, an outparcel structure housing a Stop-N-Shop Market and Food Circus, was dedicated in the mid-1960s.