Winn-Dixie started with the Rockmoor Grocery Store, in Miami, Florida, in 1925. It was renamed The Table Supply in 1927. The chain was first expanded between 1931 and 1939. The Winn-Lovett name was adopted in 1944, with a corporate HQ established in Jacksonville. More acquisitions were done between 1945 and 1955, when the Winn-Dixie brand was adopted. By 2003, there were one thousand stores. The chain encountered financial problems in 2005 and 2006, closing several stores. In mid-2017, Winn-Dixie operated in Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana.
Graphic from Winn-Dixie Stores
WINN-DIXIE JUNIOR-ANCHORED SHOPPING MALLS:
*BREVARD MALL, Melbourne, FL (1963)
*SOUTHGATE MALL, Muscle Shoals, AL (1968)
*LAKE PARKER MALL, Lakeland, FL (1971) [outparcel]