Idaho-based Albertsons opened its first location -in Boise- in 1939. By 1964, there were one hundred stores under the corporate umbrella. The chain grew exponentially via acquisitions and a short-lived partnership with Skaggs Drug Centers. In January 2006, five hundred and sixty-four Albertsons stores were sold to Minnesota-based SuperValu, Incorporated.
Graphic from Albertsons Stores
ALBERTSONS JUNIOR-ANCHORED SHOPPING MALLS:
*HOLIDAY VILLAGE CENTER, Great Falls, MT (1959)
*COTTONWOOD MALL, Holladay, UT (1962)
*CAPITAL HILL MALL, Helena, MT (1965)