Cincinnati's Kroger had its beginning in 1883, as the B.H. (Barney Henry) Kroger market, which was operated by a concern known as the Great Western Tea Company. By 1929, the Kroger Grocery & Baking Company was operating five thousand five hundred and seventy-five stores. The Kroger Company name was adopted in 1946. Mergers and acquisitions done between 1983 and 1999 expanded the chain into a coast-to-coast operation. In the 21st century, it is the nation's largest grocer.
KROGER JUNIOR-ANCHORED SHOPPING MALLS:
*SWIFTON CENTER, Cincinnati, OH (1956)
*RIVER ROADS MALL, Jennings, MO (1962)
*SOUTHERN PARK MALL, Mahoning County, OH (1970)