The opposite end of REISTERSTOWN ROAD PLAZA was anchored by a 185,000 square foot Hecht's, a retail chain that was in operation between 1857 and 2006. The REISTERSTOWN store, which included the Silhouette Room restaurant, was accessed from a lower level parking area, with its upper floor connecting with the mall.
Photo from http://www.thedepartmentstoremuseum.org
Here we see logos of the primary stores at the original REISTERSTOWN ROAD PLAZA. The Hecht Company nameplate would go through various updates through the 1970s and '80s. However, the script-style Stewart's store building nameplate would remain unchanged and be used on the final location, dedicated in September 1974.