A circa-1954 physical layout. The open-air complex was one of the first in the nation to feature two anchor department stores. Other bi-anchor contemporaries would have been Yonkers, New York's CROSS COUNTY CENTER and Chicagoland's PARK FOREST PLAZA.


WESTGATE CENTER TENANTS 1954:

HALLE BROTHERS COMPANY (with Westgate Gallery Restaurant and Antoinne Beauty Salon) / FEDERAL department store / S.S. KRESGE 5 & 10 (with luncheonette) / KROGER supermarket / PICK 'N PAY supermarket / GRAY DRUG (with luncheonette) / MARSHALL DRUG (with luncheonette) / Cleveland Fabric Shop / Cole's Qualicraft Shoes / Engel-Fetzer / Handy's Select Meats / Hanny's / Harden Scientific Shoes / Henry's Shoe Service / Hirkala's Shop of Gifts / Stouffer's Restaurant / Jack & Jill Kiddie Shop / Kaase Bake Shops / Marlen Jewelers / The Mullaire Company / National City Bank / Joe Portaro Beauty Salon / The Record Shop / Richman Brothers men's wear / Sherwin-Williams Paints / Shuttler's men's wear / Singer Sewing Center / Southside Federal Savings / Stone Shoes / Turney Hardware / Hough Bakeries / Lerner Shops ladies' wear / Winkelman's ladies' wear / Wilhelmy's Flowers