The Utica Square Medical Center opened in 1954 and was a state-of-the-art facility in its day. The complex was built on a pad southeast of the shopping center proper.
Photo courtesy of Beryl Ford Collection, Rotary Club of Tulsa, Tulsa City-County Library and Tulsa Historical Society



Tulsa's Vandevers chain opened its second branch at UTICA SQUARE in February 1957 (the first had been in Bartelsville). The UTICA SQUARE store was adjacent to the Medical Center, on the south end of the shopping center site. Vandevers was acquired -and rebranded- by OKC-based John A. Brown and became a Dillard's in late 1984.
Photo courtesy of Beryl Ford Collection, Rotary Club of Tulsa, Tulsa City-County Library and Tulsa Historical Society