The namesake of the mall, the St. Vincent's Academy. It was a parochial girl's school that had formed in 1868. The building seen here was completed in 1906. It was replaced by a newly-built facility in September 1962 and was torn down, in the mid-1970s, as construction of the mall got underway.
Photo from www.cardcow.com
PIERREMONT MALL, Louisiana's first fully-enclosed shopping center. The 69,000 square foot mini-mall was developed by the Selber Brothers department store chain. It opened for business in 1964.
Drawing from http://www.somdal.com (Somdal Associates)