Big Apple-based Bloomingdale's opened their Manhattan flagship in 1886 and expanded it in 1893-1894 and -again- in 1930. By this time, the 859,000 square foot building had engulfed an entire city block. The photo above dates to September 1943.
Photo from Library of Congress
A more current view of the Bloomingdale's flagship store.
Photo from Wikipedia / "CoolCaesar"
Bloomingdale's first shopping center store opened at Essex County, New Jersey's MALL AT SHORT HILLS in September 1967.
Photo from www.shopshorthills.com