The John Wanamaker Westchester store at CROSS COUNTY CENTER opened for business in April 1955.
Photo from Library of Congress


Wanamaker's Westchester operation was the first anchor department store to operate at the mall. It was joined by a new Gimbels in September 1955.
Photo from Library of Congress

 

A westward view of CROSS COUNTY CENTER, with F.W. Woolworth on the left and Lerner Shops and Fanny Farmer Candies on the right. The structure that Woolworth's was in had an upper level of office spaces.
Photo from Library of Congress