An early '70s view of the multilevel Grand Court at WOODFIELD MALL. The complex, dedicated in 1971, was the final installment in the Windy City's graduating progression of larger and larger shopping malls. This began with the completion of OLD ORCHARD CENTER in 1956 and advanced onward with the dedication of OAKBROOK CENTER and YORKTOWN CENTER in the 1960s.
Photo from http://www.greatamericaparks.com / Steven Wilson