Going back to the early '60s, we see a site plan of the original WARD PARKWAY CENTER. The fully-enclosed mall was completed in three stages. The first, consisting of just Montgomery Ward and Kroger, opened in 1959. The second and third stages, which encompassed the remainder of the mall, were dedicated during the summer and fall of 1962. A cinema multiplex was added in the summer of 1963.