Meanwhile, this is how the mall was configured in 1963. An open-air strip (shown in black) began business in 1959 and 1960. In September 1962, an open-air West Mall was completed (which is shown in gray). A Hested's 5 & 10 was dedicated in November of the same year, replacing a smaller store in the original shopping complex. At this time, HOLIDAY VILLAGE CENTER spanned approximately 296,000 leasable square feet.