A mid-'50s footprint of HILLSDALE CENTER. Mayfair Market had been the first structure built. It was in operation by 1946. Sears' freestanding store had been completed in 1951. The open-air mall, which was dedicated in late 1954, was anchored by Macy's San Francisco. Another freestanding structure, Farmer's Market, made up the north end of the complex.
HILLSDALE CENTER TENANTS 1955 (PARTIAL LIST):
MACY'S (with Garden Restaurant and Cloud Room Cocktail Lounge) / SEARS (outparcel with attached Auto Center) / J.J. NEWBERRY (with luncheonette) / Barry's Super Rexall / C.H. Baker Shoes / Collins Pharmacy / Cretan's Fashion Jewelry / Douglas Shaw Candies & Ice Cream (outparcel) / Farmer's Market / First Western Bank / Hagen's ladies' wear / Gallenkamp Shoes / Harris & Frank / Hartfield's / Hearth & Home Housewares / H. Liebers ladies' wear / Kay Jewelers / Leeds Qualicraft Shoes / LoReene's Bakery (outparcel) / Mayfair Market (outparcel) / Melart's ladies' wear / Moar's Cafeteria / National Shirt Shops / See's Candies / The Colony / Thom McAn Shoes