A map showing the locations of the Motor City's four directionally-designated shopping hubs. Four were built. NORTHLAND {in Southfield} was completed in March 1954, EASTLAND {in Harper Woods} in August 1957, WESTLAND {in Westland} in July 1965 and SOUTHLAND {in Taylor}, which was dedicated in July 1970.


A vintage SOUTHLAND photo, obviously taken a short time before the mall's summer 1970 grand opening.
Photo from http://www.urbanplanet.org