A circa-'59 site plan of James Rouse's ultra-modern HARUNDALE. The 317,800 square foot complex was the Rouse Company's second major shopping center and the second retail hub in the nation to be officially referred to as a "mall" (New Jersey's BERGEN was the first).


HARUNDALE MALL TENANTS 1958:

Hochschild-Kohn (with Beauty Salon and Severn Room terrace restaurant) / Community Room (second level) / Food Fair supermarket / G.C. Murphy 5 & 10 (with lunch counter) / S.S. Kresge 5 & 10 (with lunch counter) / Lerner Shops / Read's Self-Service Drug (with lunch counter and 45 table seating area on the mall), / Raymond's Men's Apparel / Broger-Gutman's Dry Goods / Gamerman Toys / Plotkin's Youth-O-Pedic Shoes / Oppenheim-Collins (Franklin Simon) / Beltz / Cobblers and Cleaners / Equitable Trust Bank / Household Finance / Wiener Cafe / Adolf / Hamburg / Castleberg / Terry Shop / A.S. Beck / Cakery Bakery / Sherwin Williams Pants / Calby's Boy's and Young Men's Apparel / Dial Wyman Shoes / Stieff / Ricky's / Savings Bank of Baltimore / Drapery Mart / Barenburg / Bentons / Thom McAn Shoes / Baltimore Gas and Electric

-On The Mall Kiosks-
Parklane Hosiery / Fanny Farmer Candies / NewsMart Greeting Cards / WNAV "Glass Studio" Broadcasting Booth / Italian Delight Pizzaria and Sidewalk Cafe

-Harundale Annex strip center-
Eddie's Market / White Coffee Pot Cafe / Lord Baltimore Laundry / Allen Drug / Harundale Barber Shop / Taustin / Carol / New Deal Optical / Bond's Clothes

No comments: