Honolulu's Ala Moana Center



The first large-scale shopping mall in "Huh-viy-ee" opened in August 1959, just 17 days before the islands became our 50th state. Technically, the Aloha State's third shopping mall, ALA MOANA CENTER followed two small, community-size shopping centers that had opened in 1954. By the way, "Ala Moana" means "Path to the Sea" in the native tongue.
Photo from Malls of America Blogspot