In this snapshot, and the two that follow, we see the completed CITY CENTRE MART. Above is a full-color view of the dramatic, pulsing fountain in Center Court. This area, the apex of the mall, was at the intersection of what had been Central Avenue and Broad Street.
Photo from http://www.urbanohio.com
The East (Central Avenue) Concourse and J.C. Penney, one of three anchors at the original MART. This moderne design store had been a part of downtown Middletown since 1955.
Photo from http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php?topic=6184.0
Worthmore men's shop, another long-time downtown Middletown merchant whose existing storefront was connected into the air-conditioned mall.
Photo from the George C. Crout Collection, courtesy of the Middletown Public Library