A circa-1910 snapshot of the Zion's Co-operative Mercantile Institution (a.k.a. ZCMI). It had opened -as one of America's first department stores- in April 1876. 97 years later, the original store was demolished, as part of the construction of the ZCMI CENTER mall. The cast iron facade was restored and installed on a new ZCMI CENTER location, which opened in September 1976.
Photo from Wikipedia / "Tillman"
Above we have a circa-1976 view of the Atrium area in ZCMI CENTER. The mallway entrance of the new ZCMI store is seen in the distance.
Photo from "PatricksMercy"