Weinstock-Lubin, one of Sacramento's hometown department stores, anchored the original COUNTRY CLUB PLAZA. The mercantile, a division of California's Broadway-Hale Stores, was inaugurated in early 1961.
Photo from http://www.thedepartmentstoremuseum.org


COUNTRY CLUB PLAZA started with a freestanding Stop-N-Shop Market grocery store, which opened in 1958. The aforementioned Weinstock-Lubin, and a block of inline stores, were added in 1961. By 1964, a second store block had been added (shown in medium gray), which completed the basic footprint of the open-air mall.