An ultra-modern Sears anchored the east end of CRESTWOOD PLAZA. The store, which originally had 2 levels, was one of the first operational tenants. It welcomed its first shoppers in March 1957.
Photo http://www.66postcards.com / Missouri Postcards & Photos


The shopping hub was completed in four stages. The first section (indicated in black) opened between March and May 1957. The second section (in medium gray) was dedicated in August 1957. The final phase (in light gray) was completed in August 1958. The strip center now housed thirty-seven stores. Its tri-level parking area could accommodate three thousand autos.